Saturday, March 1, 2014

It begins...

Everything about this trip seemed like it was a part of a chosen path that would soon become a memory before long. This record of stories and adventures will help to preserve those memories for much longer than either of our alcohol soaked brains could possibly manage.

To those that choose to follow us as we trek around this foreign land, my gratitude runs deep for you.


In the weeks and even years leading up to this trip, my hometown of Calgary was softly growing in the opposite direction of anything I wanted to feel or believe in. It may have started soft, but as our departure crept closer the city was screaming at me to leave. In good time my ticket out had shown her beautiful face. I wanted to run on to the tarmac shouting "FREEDOM" like I was about to fight for my independence from the icy fist of the land-locked and money-bound "new west."

 

Of course Thailand has its own issues and problems and I would be naïve to think otherwise. However, this is my paradise and I will make this trip into my mecca if it kills me. I hope to experience as much as possible, and I hope you can take an amount of enjoyment from reading the words and pictures I express.


KHOBKHOON KRAP,Daniel Double-U
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment