Friday, March 7, 2014

6. ...And this is why I came out here.

After the first couple nights hanging out with Jen and Dean it was time to venture out in Rawaii. See what this little town had to offer.

But, this was the night the Canadian men's Olympic hockey team was set to play the Americans. And it was Dean's last night in town before he had to head back to Canada to deal with some passport issues. So we had a "couple" drinks. And they could get the game on cable... or so we thought.

As the game time started, it wasn't on TV. Panic time. Ryan is sleeping and everyone else is fading fast. Tried to get a streaming broadcast but Thailand internet is testy at best. I sat there in silence trying to figure out my game plan. Packs of dogs started to howl at the moon and echo each other from across town. A couple elephants joined the chorus.

Finally I said fuck it and ran to the Icon pub that was playing football of course. The owner was awesome enough to play the game. There was about 5 people in the bar, so it's time to ring the bell a few times. Shots for everyone.

GO CANADA GO!!!!


The boys won the game and I rang the bell again. Walked home with the biggest smile on my face and told myself I had to plan where I was watching the gold medal game much better. Did I ever...

And as I walked home I ran into my spirit animal. We were just walking along as this little mutt of a dog looked at us and started to follow along, not making a sound. Before long it took the lead and showed us the way home. We said our goodbyes and she went back to wherever she lived. I named her Baxter and when Ryan and Jen ran into her another night they figured out she was a she and named her Roxette. So she is Baxter/Roxette.

Hi!

I'm Baxter!

Or Roxette

I wanted to take her to vet and keep her but she might belong to someone

We see her every once in a while and she gives a little nod or leads us home again. Haven't seen her for a bit.

To the next time, Baxter (you know I don't speak Spanish),
Daniel Double-u



1 comment: