Monday, April 21, 2014

Koh Phangan almost killed me (Part one)

Koh Phangan, where do I start?

Home to the famous parties, the girls are all gorgeous, met some of the most incredible people on the trip so far (possibly anywhere). I partied, lived, enjoyed, and drove harder than anywhere else on the trip as well. This can either be taken as a positive or negative depending on the time of day, and subsequently the amount of booze or levels of hungover I might be feeling at the time.


There were side effects, I needed a vacation from this vacation afterwards. Luckily Koh Tao was in the wings for that. Physically and emotionally one human should never consume the amount of booze that I did and be alright. I sure couldn't keep it together near the end of this particular island.


Sure, could have taken it easier, but what is the point in the home of the full moon, the half moon, the jungle party, and any other excuse the island could come up with to get you as wet as possible, (and rinse your wallet as much as possible)?

Getting there was easy, as Macgowan and I took off once again from our Canadian Consulate (Jen and Dean's place in Phuket), it was about the easiest transition yet. The boat was nice and there was only sunshine on the horizon.


Best boat ride so far

That moon is getting pretty full

We decided to stay in a dorm the first night, Ryan will have to fill you in this night as I had about two beers and slept until 6 in the morning. The next night we ventured into Had Rin (Full moon central) to see what we could do for rooms.


Koh Phangan is not all bad

Wise advice

The View

Div telling Ryan to go f*** off (presumably)

As we wandered through random communities, getting progressively more frustrated, eventually I moved in the right direction. I must have looked lost and crazy but as I was drifting from side street to alleyway a beautiful blonde girl called me in an english accent from her patio, "what are ya looking for!?"


Babe

"Umm, you." I thought to myself and stumbled wearily over like a lost puppy, which probably did me a favour. (soon finding out about her soft spot for sick dogs of any species).




This ended up being my home for the next two weeks. Billie Tyler was nothing but as hospitable as anyone I've ever met and I want to take this opportunity to thank her for letting me stay for nothing but a fixed sink (hopefully) and a few dollars for the dogs she was looking after (big heart on this one).


Bungalow

A side effect of meeting Billie was meeting not only her friend/roommate Bridie, and a friend in Bernd, but meeting two of the most stand-up guys I have ever met. Byron and Ryan get a whole blog post later so I won't go on about their champ level quite yet.


Champions

Another side effect of meeting Billie was I asked her to marry me (I may have been a bit sauced), I'm a sucker for a girl with blonde dreads I guess, but you would be lying if you could meet this girl and not at least get a halfer. So why not take it as far as you can and see what happens?!? I might have proposed a bit for the laugh, she is a stunner though so who knows what drunk me was thinking at the time.




Stunner

But I digress... in part two we party,
Daniel Double-u


LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS PIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment