Monday, April 21, 2014

14. Koh Phangan saved my life. (Part 2)

The full moon was in full swing, people were hanging from rafters. Everywhere along the stretch of beach that has seen some of the biggest parties in the world you could feel the vibe, left and right, up and down.

The moon is full, and the lights are on 

At this point these were the only passable pictures

After meeting up with a giant crew of Calgary-based crazy people, we set out to light the Had Rin beach up. Getting separated about 18 times, I just gave up on the fact that I would be hanging out with any dedicated group of anyone and found a tiny staircase to go chill in for a bit and take some pictures.

To the beach

Paint up 


Whatever is going on here is awesome
Eventually I found people I knew, had a great night and then before I knew it the next day had awoken me on a wooden deck/bed. In all a good night, full moon parties are cool to experience but in the end it’s a giant beach party, ko phi phi had already shown me plenty of those.





The half-moon party was a different beast altogether. Those that have been to Shambhala music festival have experienced the Fractal Forest in all its glory. I can’t lie and tell you that the half-moon was better, but the vibes and the setting came as close as you can get without the unbelievable amount of production and work that goes into the Fractal. And they played some jungle, which is pretty rare in the top 40 EDM land of Phangan.

Fractal-esque

But you can't top Fractal





So I danced, and drank, and took pictures. And then it was time to leave the island and never go back. I will miss many of the people that I met there, but that is not the type of atmosphere I wanted this trip to turn into.

Between the full and half-moons Ryan decided it was time to make the journey home to Canada. Bon Voyage man, it was about as much fun as I’ve had in my whole life.

What a champ
I set my sights on Ko Tao and never looked back.  

To the next step,
Daniel Double-u

The Irish are fucking cool though

No comments:

Post a Comment